I offer a free 15 minute telephone consultation to help us decide if your child would benefit from speech and language therapy.
If speech and language therapy would benefit your child, the first step is for me to see you and your child for a first assessment. This can take place at your home, your child’s pre-school/nursery or school. The initial assessment includes taking a case history, informal/formal assessment, an observation of your child and a summary report detailing your child’s strengths, needs and recommendations.
The amount and type of therapy recommended will depend on the outcome of the initial assessment. This is also reviewed regularly during your child’s therapy sessions and will be adjusted accordingly depending on your child’s individual needs.
If your child’s skills are found to be within normal limits during the initial assessment then further speech and language therapy input will not be required.
Therapy packages I offer:
- Blocks of individual therapy with a parent and/or key worker present
- Individualised written therapy programme including targets and strategies that can be carried out at home, pre-school/nursery or school
- Observation of your child at home, pre-school/nursery or school
- Discussions with education staff and relevant professionals
- Attendance at relevant meetings about your child
I also offer bespoke training packages that can be delivered to you and key members of staff to further enhance the support your child is receiving.
I also offer a modern therapy approach which involves delivering therapy and/or advice and support over Skype, this approach is becoming more popular due to the ease and flexibility of using video. Following your child’s initial assessment, we can decide if this approach suits your families lifestyle and your child’s needs.