I am a highly specialist speech and language therapist with a wide range of skills and experience in working with children aged 2 years to 16 years. I have worked for the NHS for the past 7 years in a range of settings alongside other professionals and am also working as a private therapist. I have specialist skills in working with children with specific speech and language disorders and dysfluency.
I work with families primarily in Hertfordshire and I am able to travel to neighboring counties and London boroughs.
I am a member of the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists (RCSLT), the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the Association of Speech and Language Therapists in Independent Practice (MASLTIP).
I have experience in working with children with a wide range of speech, language and communication needs, this has included:
- Language delay and disorder
- Speech delay and disorder
- Childhood apraxia of speech (Verbal dyspraxia)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Developmental delay
- Learning difficulties
Throughout my career I have had fantastic opportunities to attend training to develop my skills as a speech and language therapist, this has included:
- Vocabulary and Narrative Enrichment Programme
- Intensive interaction
- Principals of a picture exchange communication system
- ELKLAN (This allows me to deliver accredited training that equips parents and education staff with skills to support children’s SLCN)
- Herts intergrated visual coding (colour and shape coding combined)
- Palin Parent-Child Interaction therapy for children under 7 who stammer
- Primary school children who stammer: realising their potential